Today is the best day of my life! Do you want to know why? It’s simple. Yesterday’s gone, and tomorrow is not promised. The only day I have is today, so I will rejoice that I’m still alive! I have breath, I have strength, I have hope, and I have a song in my heart. This morning I heard the classic song, Bridge Over Troubled Waters. Immediately, I thought of the One who gave me life, the One who chose me and gave me purpose, the One who has ordered my steps since I met Him at the age of twenty-eight. What a mighty God!
He has been my bridge over troubled waters for a long time. He has brought me through sickness, carried me through many fiery trials, picked me up when I have fallen over and over again, adopted me into His wonderful kingdom, and sealed me with His precious Holy Spirit! Truly He’s my bridge over troubled waters.
If you have not accepted the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ, I invite you to discover the Person who can be your bridge as well. It’s simple:
- John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”
- Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus.”
- Romans 10:9 says, “If you confess withy your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
- It’s that simple: Admit that you are a sinner, that you need His forgiveness, that you accept His free gift of salvation, and that you want Him to be your bridge over troubled waters. Ask Him to come into your heart and help you live a life of purpose. He is faithful! He will never leave you alone. What do you have to lose? All the weights you’ve been carrying? What will you gain? Eternal life!